Christine claims silverware as North Cambs bowlers reunite
- Credit: Sue Tolliday
It was all about the president for North Cambs English Women's Bowling Federation (EWBF) as members donned their new shirts for the county season.
The club marked ladies’ presidents day at March Town Bowls Club last week with a bowls drive, and a chance for members to see each other once again.
Christine Wadlow top scored with 18 shots to win the Holley Shield, presented by ladies’ president Sue Tolliday.
The club’s shirt sponsor, David Chandler, was also in attendance to meet the bowlers.
Sue said: “We were thrilled to have our shirt sponsor David Chandler, who had travelled from Colchester to be with us for the occasion.”
You may also want to watch:
“Due to Covid, all county bowls was cancelled last year and Saturday was as much about catching up with friends as it was about the bowls.
“The weather stayed dry although breezy, and the bowlers were able to enjoy the afternoon’s events.”
- 1 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 2 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 6 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 7 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'
- 10 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend