North Cambs bowler is a national champion
NORTH Cambs Bowls Club s Christine Wadlow has become a national champion. She won the final of the English Woman s Bowls Federation Leah Harrison Challenge Bowls Ladies Singles. Christine was in sparkling form over three days play, at Newark.. She beat p
NORTH Cambs Bowls Club's Christine Wadlow has become a national champion.
She won the final of the English Woman's Bowls Federation Leah Harrison Challenge Bowls Ladies' Singles.
Christine was in sparkling form over three days play, at Newark..
She beat players from Suffolk, 21-9, Humberside, 21-18, and Durham, 21-14, in the final.
You may also want to watch:
She also competed in a Ladies' Rinks competition team with Jackie Hearle and Audrey Fairweather which finished runners-up to Cleveland.
North Cambs player James Cole reached the under-25 singles English Bowls Federation semi-final, 21-16, to a Northumberland player.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
There will be a men's EBF trial game at March Town Bowls Club on May 16 at 2pm and all are welcome and an EWBF ladies' president's day event at Tydd St Mary Bowls Club at the same time on May 23.
All are welcome to attend both events.