North Cambs bowler is a national champion
NORTH Cambs Bowls Club s Christine Wadlow has become a national champion. She won the final of the English Woman s Bowls Federation Leah Harrison Challenge Bowls Ladies Singles. Christine was in sparkling form over three days play, at Newark.. She beat p
NORTH Cambs Bowls Club's Christine Wadlow has become a national champion.
She won the final of the English Woman's Bowls Federation Leah Harrison Challenge Bowls Ladies' Singles.
Christine was in sparkling form over three days play, at Newark..
She beat players from Suffolk, 21-9, Humberside, 21-18, and Durham, 21-14, in the final.
You may also want to watch:
She also competed in a Ladies' Rinks competition team with Jackie Hearle and Audrey Fairweather which finished runners-up to Cleveland.
North Cambs player James Cole reached the under-25 singles English Bowls Federation semi-final, 21-16, to a Northumberland player.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
There will be a men's EBF trial game at March Town Bowls Club on May 16 at 2pm and all are welcome and an EWBF ladies' president's day event at Tydd St Mary Bowls Club at the same time on May 23.
All are welcome to attend both events.