BOWLS: North Cambs lose to Lincolnshire in penultimate trophy match
- Credit: Archant
The North Cambs men’s team lost in their latest outing at the weekend.
They were beaten 103-80 by Lincolnshire in their penultimate Derbyshire Trophy match of the season.
Joseph Gowler and Bob Ground won the North Cambs spoons with support from Charlie Waling, which are awarded to players on the rink that win by the most shots after 25 ends.
It was a case of bad luck rather than poor bowling for the trio of Andy Hailes, Danny Stanton and Matthew Fox who lost 40-10, but despite defeat, the result may have flattered their opponents.
North Cambs face Norfolk in their final Derbyshire Trophy match at Sutton St James Indoor Bowling Club on February 2 from 10am.
You may also want to watch:
The team are keen for more males and females who are interested in playing at county level to join ahead of the next outdoor season. For more information, call county secretary Paul Bennett on 01945 480857.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 7 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election