NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town star Josh Ford will be having a ball as part of the FA Cup final
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Town player will be part of the FA Cup final this Saturday.
Chelsea and Manchester United do battle at Wembley Stadium for the famous trophy and the ball used in the match will feature the names of 137 players who have scored in this season’s competition.
It’s an idea to mark the 137th anniversary of the FA Cup and Fenmen star Josh Ford is among them after striking from the penalty spot in the fifth minute of Wisbech’s 4-1 victory against Biggleswade FC in the extra preliminary round all the way back in August.
Ford said: “It’s a huge honour to be just a small part of such a big occasion – especially as I’m a big United fan.
“I’m told that one of the balls will be given to the club so I’m just hoping they will be kind enough to pass it on to me.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech went on to beat Spalding United in the preliminary round before bowing out against another higher-level side – AFC Kempston Rovers – at the first qualifying round stage.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 2 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 3 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 4 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 7 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 8 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active
- 9 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 10 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned