NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town star Josh Ford will be having a ball as part of the FA Cup final
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Town player will be part of the FA Cup final this Saturday.
Chelsea and Manchester United do battle at Wembley Stadium for the famous trophy and the ball used in the match will feature the names of 137 players who have scored in this season’s competition.
It’s an idea to mark the 137th anniversary of the FA Cup and Fenmen star Josh Ford is among them after striking from the penalty spot in the fifth minute of Wisbech’s 4-1 victory against Biggleswade FC in the extra preliminary round all the way back in August.
Ford said: “It’s a huge honour to be just a small part of such a big occasion – especially as I’m a big United fan.
“I’m told that one of the balls will be given to the club so I’m just hoping they will be kind enough to pass it on to me.”
Wisbech went on to beat Spalding United in the preliminary round before bowing out against another higher-level side – AFC Kempston Rovers – at the first qualifying round stage.
- 1 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 4 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 5 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 6 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash