NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town star Josh Ford will be having a ball as part of the FA Cup final
- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech Town player will be part of the FA Cup final this Saturday.
Chelsea and Manchester United do battle at Wembley Stadium for the famous trophy and the ball used in the match will feature the names of 137 players who have scored in this season’s competition.
It’s an idea to mark the 137th anniversary of the FA Cup and Fenmen star Josh Ford is among them after striking from the penalty spot in the fifth minute of Wisbech’s 4-1 victory against Biggleswade FC in the extra preliminary round all the way back in August.
Ford said: “It’s a huge honour to be just a small part of such a big occasion – especially as I’m a big United fan.
“I’m told that one of the balls will be given to the club so I’m just hoping they will be kind enough to pass it on to me.”
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech went on to beat Spalding United in the preliminary round before bowing out against another higher-level side – AFC Kempston Rovers – at the first qualifying round stage.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers