NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town keep FA Cup dream alive with 2-2 draw with Spalding United
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town showed they were up for the cup on Saturday with a hard-fought 2-2 draw with higher-level Spalding United.
The Fenmen secured an FA Cup replay with an impressive performance that saw them come from behind to lead 2-1 at one stage.
Jack Fixter had given the Tulips the lead at the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium but quick-fire strikes from Adam Millson and Michael Frew gave Dick Creasey’s men the lead heading into the half-time break.
But Wisbech couldn’t hold onto their advantage and Jenk Acar fired home to ensure the tie would go into a second leg, to be played tomorrow evening at Sir Halley Stewart Field (7.45pm).
If the Fenmen can upset the odds and claim a win, then they will face a trip to Newport Pagnell Town or Kempston Rovers in the first qualifying round on September 2.
The sides – who play in the UCL Premier Division and Souther League Division One South respectively – shared six goals on Saturday afternoon. They play their replay on Wednesday evening.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police