NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town discover FA Cup and FA Vase opponents
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have discovered who they will face in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup.
Dick Creasey’s men were drawn away to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Biggleswade FC today (July 7).
It is the first time that the Step Five outfit will be playing in the competition following the club’s inception in May 2016. The fixture will be played on August 5 and the winner will receive £1,500.
The Fenmen have also received an away draw in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase.
They will take on the winner of Bourne Town’s first round clash with Harborough Town on September 23.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of that game will pocket £725 and a place in the next round.
Wisbech St Mary, meanwhile, also face an away trip on September 23.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 9 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 10 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
They go to Wellingborough Whitworths, who play in the UCL Premier Division.