NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town discover FA Cup and FA Vase opponents
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have discovered who they will face in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup.
Dick Creasey’s men were drawn away to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Biggleswade FC today (July 7).
It is the first time that the Step Five outfit will be playing in the competition following the club’s inception in May 2016. The fixture will be played on August 5 and the winner will receive £1,500.
The Fenmen have also received an away draw in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase.
They will take on the winner of Bourne Town’s first round clash with Harborough Town on September 23.
You may also want to watch:
The winner of that game will pocket £725 and a place in the next round.
Wisbech St Mary, meanwhile, also face an away trip on September 23.
- 1 Fenland’s poorest to have council tax support cut
- 2 Rehab centre offers ray of hope to brain damaged crash victim
- 3 Two-car collision on A47
- 4 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
- 5 Chamber boss who challenged Mayor and questioned Wisbech rail to retire
- 6 Police respond to 200 Covid breaches in one weekend
- 7 Town centre Grade II-listed thatched property going under the hammer
- 8 A 42-bedroom hotel with ballroom and set in three acres for sale
- 9 Police give out £200 penalty notices to day-trippers for second weekend running
- 10 More Cambs pupils offered first choice secondary school than last year
They go to Wellingborough Whitworths, who play in the UCL Premier Division.