NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech Town discover FA Cup and FA Vase opponents
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Town have discovered who they will face in the extra preliminary round of the FA Cup.
Dick Creasey’s men were drawn away to Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division side Biggleswade FC today (July 7).
It is the first time that the Step Five outfit will be playing in the competition following the club’s inception in May 2016. The fixture will be played on August 5 and the winner will receive £1,500.
The Fenmen have also received an away draw in the second qualifying round of the FA Vase.
They will take on the winner of Bourne Town’s first round clash with Harborough Town on September 23.
The winner of that game will pocket £725 and a place in the next round.
Wisbech St Mary, meanwhile, also face an away trip on September 23.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 3 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
- 4 Clinical Diss left singing in the rain as Saints rue positive display
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 8 You hope for a silver lining - and this wondrous tree is it
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
They go to Wellingborough Whitworths, who play in the UCL Premier Division.