NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary officially unveil newly-named ABC Quality Meats Stadium
- Credit: Archant
A new season has brought a new stadium name for Wisbech St Mary.
The Saints secured a three-year sponsorship deal with local butcher ABC Quality Meats earlier in the summer, and Alan and Sue Carr from the firm visited the ground on Wednesday to officially name it ahead of St Mary’s Thurlow Nunn Division One clash with Swaffham Town.
Their presence proved to be a good luck charm, as Arran Duke’s men ran out 3-2 winners.
Club secretary, Martin Holmes said: “We are absolutely delighted that ABC Quality Meats have sponsored our stadium for the next three seasons.
“Being a grassroots community club, this sponsorship along with all the other sponsors are vitally important to us containing our Step 6 status and ongoing ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
“ABC Quality Meats are a long-established respectable local company and we look forward to a long partnership.”
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen