NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary officially unveil newly-named ABC Quality Meats Stadium
- Credit: Archant
A new season has brought a new stadium name for Wisbech St Mary.
The Saints secured a three-year sponsorship deal with local butcher ABC Quality Meats earlier in the summer, and Alan and Sue Carr from the firm visited the ground on Wednesday to officially name it ahead of St Mary’s Thurlow Nunn Division One clash with Swaffham Town.
Their presence proved to be a good luck charm, as Arran Duke’s men ran out 3-2 winners.
Club secretary, Martin Holmes said: “We are absolutely delighted that ABC Quality Meats have sponsored our stadium for the next three seasons.
“Being a grassroots community club, this sponsorship along with all the other sponsors are vitally important to us containing our Step 6 status and ongoing ambitions.
You may also want to watch:
“ABC Quality Meats are a long-established respectable local company and we look forward to a long partnership.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini