NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary determined to reverse poor form, says boss Arran Duke
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke says his Wisbech St Mary players are determined to snap their recent run of poor form.
The Saints have slipped to four successive Thurlow Nunn Division One defeats – the most recent a 4-0 loss at Downham Town last night – and Duke has admitted that his players need to raise their game.
“Results haven’t been good enough lately and some of the lads have lost a bit of confidence and with that a bit of form,” he said.
“We had a chat after Tuesday’s game and the lads are determined to get things right.
“We know it will take time to regain our form but we have to work and good results will return.”
You may also want to watch:
St Mary will aim for their first win since August 26 when they travel to higher-level Wellingborough Whitworths in the FA Vase on Saturday (3pm).
“The game is a big ask but one we may benefit from knowing the scale of the task ahead,” Duke added.
- 1 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son
“I’m hoping the lads can step up to the challenge.”