NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary determined to reverse poor form, says boss Arran Duke
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke says his Wisbech St Mary players are determined to snap their recent run of poor form.
The Saints have slipped to four successive Thurlow Nunn Division One defeats – the most recent a 4-0 loss at Downham Town last night – and Duke has admitted that his players need to raise their game.
“Results haven’t been good enough lately and some of the lads have lost a bit of confidence and with that a bit of form,” he said.
“We had a chat after Tuesday’s game and the lads are determined to get things right.
“We know it will take time to regain our form but we have to work and good results will return.”
St Mary will aim for their first win since August 26 when they travel to higher-level Wellingborough Whitworths in the FA Vase on Saturday (3pm).
“The game is a big ask but one we may benefit from knowing the scale of the task ahead,” Duke added.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
“I’m hoping the lads can step up to the challenge.”