NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary bring in first summer signing - and more could be on the way
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary have secured their first signing of the summer – and boss Arran Duke says they are not finished yet.
The Saints have brought in former Norwich City and King’s Lynn Town Reserve star Lewis Gibson from rivals Dereham Town Reserves, and Duke admitted he is relieved to finally land his man after months of chasing.
“We tried to sign Lewis last season when he left King’s Lynn Reserves so we’re pleased to have finally brought him in.
“We have a few more new faces coming to our first pre-season session so we may see some more additions soon but we’re very happy with what we have.”
Duke also praised Mark Warren, who came in as the club’s assistant manager last week.
You may also want to watch:
“Bringing Mark into the management team has already had a very positive effect within the group and that’s something we’ll look to build on during pre-season.”
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 5 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 6 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
- 7 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 8 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 9 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl