NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Wisbech St Mary bring in first summer signing - and more could be on the way
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary have secured their first signing of the summer – and boss Arran Duke says they are not finished yet.
The Saints have brought in former Norwich City and King’s Lynn Town Reserve star Lewis Gibson from rivals Dereham Town Reserves, and Duke admitted he is relieved to finally land his man after months of chasing.
“We tried to sign Lewis last season when he left King’s Lynn Reserves so we’re pleased to have finally brought him in.
“We have a few more new faces coming to our first pre-season session so we may see some more additions soon but we’re very happy with what we have.”
Duke also praised Mark Warren, who came in as the club’s assistant manager last week.
You may also want to watch:
“Bringing Mark into the management team has already had a very positive effect within the group and that’s something we’ll look to build on during pre-season.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success