NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Welcome point for Wisbech St Mary in Debenham draw
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary stopped the rot last Saturday - with their just their second point since August.
Arran Duke’s men collected a welcome Thurlow Nunn League First Division draw in a 2-2 deadlock at Debenham LC.
The returning Nick Davey and James McManus hit the Saints goals in a confidence-boosting result.
“I was really pleased with the performance at Debenham,” said Duke. “We competed very well against a decent side who are having a good season.
“The result should bring some confidence back into the squad, which we can use as a platform to kick on from now until the end of the season.
You may also want to watch:
“Nick came back into the side and looked really sharp, which was a big boost for us. There are plenty of positives to take from the game.”
Saints will now target a first win for five months when they travel to Holland FC tomorrow, 3pm. All four of their league victories this term arrived back in August.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Duke added: “We want to try and build on the Debenham point and have a real go at taking all three points at Holland.”