NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: The 10 men of Wisbech St Mary stretch their unbeaten run
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary stretched their unbeaten run to four Thurlow Nunn League First Division games last night – despite playing with only 10 men for almost an hour.
Boss Arran Duke hailed the work-rate of his Saints after they battled out a 2-2 draw with Leiston Reserves at the ABC Quality Meats Stadium.
Dale Parnell put Saints ahead in the 33rd minute but moments later they had Jack Mockford dismissed for collecting a second caution.
Leiston Reserves levelled after 65 minutes before Jack Friend restored the Saints quickly restored Saints’ advantage, but the visitors struck again with 12 minutes to go as the contest ended in deadlock.
Duke said: “It was another good point for us and we had to earn it the hard way being down to 10 men for so long.
You may also want to watch:
“The work-rate of the lads was excellent and the overall performance was very positive. It’s clear the confidence is back in the group.”
Saints are back on home turf this Saturday when entertaining bottom side Needham Market Reserves, 3pm. Duke’s men ended a near six-month wait for a league win when beating the same opponents on February 17.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
They welcome back in-from frontman Nick Davey, who has scored nine times in his last six appearances but missed the Leiston Reserves clash due to work commitments.
Saints then hit the road on Tuesday when they travel to Debenham LC for a rearranged First Division KO Cup quarter-final