NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Simon Flanz announced as Wisbech Town Reserves manager
- Credit: Archant
Former Wisbech Town star Simon Flanz has been named as the club’s new reserve team manager.
The former midfielder and defender made 118 appearances for the Fenmen and scored 18 goals. He was also part of the Soham Town Rangers side that lifted the Ridgeons League title in 2008.
Flanz was most recently assistant manager to Lea Jordan at Ramsey Town and helped guide them to the First Division of the Peterborough & District Football League.
“It has been one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make in leaving Ramsey Town,” he told Wisbech’s official website.
“After helping them to the title, the bond I had with the players and Lea was second to none, but once I got the call from Wisbech I knew I had to take the job.
“I feel I’m ready to step up and manage my own side and I’m looking forward to working with Dick Creasey again. I have the utmost respect for him as a manager and as a person, but most of all I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead because it’s certainly a big one.”
Wisbech are also offering an early-bird discount on season tickets.
- 1 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 2 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 3 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 10 Family's tribute to 'much-loved' and 'fun-loving' A1198 crash victim
Tickets bought during June will be priced at £70 for adults and £50 for concessions, before going up by £20 respectively if bought in July.
Tickers thereafter will be priced at £110 for adults and £90 for concessions. For more information, email email@example.com.