NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Simon Flanz announced as Wisbech Town Reserves manager
- Credit: Archant
Former Wisbech Town star Simon Flanz has been named as the club’s new reserve team manager.
The former midfielder and defender made 118 appearances for the Fenmen and scored 18 goals. He was also part of the Soham Town Rangers side that lifted the Ridgeons League title in 2008.
Flanz was most recently assistant manager to Lea Jordan at Ramsey Town and helped guide them to the First Division of the Peterborough & District Football League.
“It has been one of the hardest decisions I’ve had to make in leaving Ramsey Town,” he told Wisbech’s official website.
“After helping them to the title, the bond I had with the players and Lea was second to none, but once I got the call from Wisbech I knew I had to take the job.
You may also want to watch:
“I feel I’m ready to step up and manage my own side and I’m looking forward to working with Dick Creasey again. I have the utmost respect for him as a manager and as a person, but most of all I’m looking forward to the challenge ahead because it’s certainly a big one.”
Wisbech are also offering an early-bird discount on season tickets.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
Tickets bought during June will be priced at £70 for adults and £50 for concessions, before going up by £20 respectively if bought in July.
Tickers thereafter will be priced at £110 for adults and £90 for concessions. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.