NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: It’s a happy homecoming - and birthday - for Burnley striker Harry Limb
- Credit: Archant
It proved to be a happy homecoming for Burnley starlet Harry Limb last night.
Limb, who swapped Wisbech Town for the Premier League side in February, found the net on his return to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium in a 2-1 friendly victory.
The young striker, who hit 22 goals for the Fenmen last season, celebrated his 18th birthday by netting the opening goal, before Alex Beck levelled for the hosts.
Another Clarets star tipped for a successful future, Dwight McNeil, bagged the decisive goal in the second period.
Adam Millson had the opportunity to seal a draw for Wisbech from the spot, but saw his kick saved in the fixture arranged as part of the deal that took Limb to Turf Moor six months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech return to action on Saturday with an FA Cup extra preliminary clash with Biggleswade Town (away, 3pm).
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch