NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: It’s a happy homecoming - and birthday - for Burnley striker Harry Limb
- Credit: Archant
It proved to be a happy homecoming for Burnley starlet Harry Limb last night.
Limb, who swapped Wisbech Town for the Premier League side in February, found the net on his return to the Elgoods Fenland Stadium in a 2-1 friendly victory.
The young striker, who hit 22 goals for the Fenmen last season, celebrated his 18th birthday by netting the opening goal, before Alex Beck levelled for the hosts.
Another Clarets star tipped for a successful future, Dwight McNeil, bagged the decisive goal in the second period.
Adam Millson had the opportunity to seal a draw for Wisbech from the spot, but saw his kick saved in the fixture arranged as part of the deal that took Limb to Turf Moor six months ago.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech return to action on Saturday with an FA Cup extra preliminary clash with Biggleswade Town (away, 3pm).
- 1 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 2 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 3 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 4 Port of Wisbech continues to defy the trend with 'remarkable' turnout
- 5 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 6 Two-car collision on A47
- 7 Mini digger worth around £14,000 stolen from building site overnight
- 8 'He absolutely pummeled me' - Man, 70, describes vicious attack
- 9 Horror crash all because BMW driver left home with frozen windscreen
- 10 Police arrest 13 people, seize guns and more than £200k of drugs