NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Duke’s Wisbech St Mary ready to go ahead of league opener
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke says his players are more prepared than ever as they head into their opening Thurlow Nunn Division One fixture this weekend.
It’s been a summer of change for the Saints – with a new club created, new sponsors, newly-named stadium and a host of new players coming in – and Duke says his players look better than before ahead as they prepare to host Woodbridge Town this weekend.
“It’s been a very positive pre-season; we’ve learnt plenty and the new lads have all fitted into the system really well,” he said.
“We look fitter than this time last season and that will be important.”
The Saints finished their pre-season schedule with a 3-2 defeat to Wisbech Town on Tuesday and Duke says his side have learnt a lot from their summer fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve experimented – some things have worked and some certainly haven’t but that’s what these games are about,” he said.
“We’re looking forward to getting going and kicking on from last season.”
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry