NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Duke’s Wisbech St Mary ready to go ahead of league opener
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke says his players are more prepared than ever as they head into their opening Thurlow Nunn Division One fixture this weekend.
It’s been a summer of change for the Saints – with a new club created, new sponsors, newly-named stadium and a host of new players coming in – and Duke says his players look better than before ahead as they prepare to host Woodbridge Town this weekend.
“It’s been a very positive pre-season; we’ve learnt plenty and the new lads have all fitted into the system really well,” he said.
“We look fitter than this time last season and that will be important.”
The Saints finished their pre-season schedule with a 3-2 defeat to Wisbech Town on Tuesday and Duke says his side have learnt a lot from their summer fixtures.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve experimented – some things have worked and some certainly haven’t but that’s what these games are about,” he said.
“We’re looking forward to getting going and kicking on from last season.”
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online