NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Duke hopes returning players can fire Wisbech St Mary to first league win in 10
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke hopes welcoming a number of important players back into his Wisbech St Mary squad will boost morale following a disappointing recent spell.
The Saints are on a run of 10 straight Thurlow Nunn First Division defeats – the latest a 6-0 drubbing at Swaffham – but Duke expects his side’s results to improve now that a handful of first-teamers are back in contention to play against Holland FC on Saturday (3pm).
“We welcome back Dean Miller, Josh Burrows, George Hutton and Adam Wright, who have all been injured or unavailable,” he said.
“Hopefully Nick Davey is fit enough and we also hope to have Curtis Knight in the squad after he dual-signed from Wisbech Town.
“We’re in a much stronger position squad-wise than we have been in recent weeks so we hope for a positive performance in what is an important game for us. Hopefully we can get up and running again.”
You may also want to watch:
The Saints’ Hinchingbrooke Cup clash with Godmanchester Rovers last night (13) was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
- 1 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 2 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 3 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 4 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 7 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 8 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault
- 9 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 10 'Sports cages' designed by Cambs company are helping children stay active