NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Big win the perfect cup final warm-up, says Saints boss Duke
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary manager Arran Duke says his side’s 5-0 final day success over Team Bury was the perfect warm-up for their First Division KO Cup showdown with King’s Lynn Town Reserves tonight.
The Saints rounded off their impressive first campaign in the Thurlow Nunn First Division thanks to doubles from Nick Davey and Jack Friend and a strike from Simon Bates last Saturday.
“It was a really good performance,” Duke said.
“We controlled the game and with that came some great goals.
“I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. It’s one that has breathed confidence back through the group and we’re looking forward to tonight.
“The lads have earned this opportunity and I’m sure they will give a good account of themselves.
“Who knows – we may top what has been a good first season with some silverware.”
- 1 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 2 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 3 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 4 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 7 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 9 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
• St Mary take on Lynn’s second-string at Dereham Town’s Aldiss Park (NR20 3PX) at 7.45pm.