NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Big win the perfect cup final warm-up, says Saints boss Duke
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary manager Arran Duke says his side’s 5-0 final day success over Team Bury was the perfect warm-up for their First Division KO Cup showdown with King’s Lynn Town Reserves tonight.
The Saints rounded off their impressive first campaign in the Thurlow Nunn First Division thanks to doubles from Nick Davey and Jack Friend and a strike from Simon Bates last Saturday.
“It was a really good performance,” Duke said.
“We controlled the game and with that came some great goals.
“I couldn’t have asked for a better performance. It’s one that has breathed confidence back through the group and we’re looking forward to tonight.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads have earned this opportunity and I’m sure they will give a good account of themselves.
“Who knows – we may top what has been a good first season with some silverware.”
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 3 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 8 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 9 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 10 Home next to disused railway bridge gets the go-ahead
• St Mary take on Lynn’s second-string at Dereham Town’s Aldiss Park (NR20 3PX) at 7.45pm.