NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Arran Duke praises in-form Wisbech St Mary hotshot Jack Friend
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech St Mary boss Arran Duke has praised striker Jack Friend after the hotshot found the net five times in two games this week.
The former Peterborough United star bagged a hat-trick in St Mary’s 7-3 opening day defeat to Woodbridge Town before striking a brace – including a last-minute winner - in their 3-2 win over Swaffham Town last night.
“Saturday was a very strange game – we didn’t seem to get going until the second half and for a long period we were 3-2 down and pushing for an equaliser,” Duke said.
“They punished us with four goals but a big positive was Jack’s hat-trick. Last night, he found the net in added time and got a big three points for us and looks to be in fine form.”
The Saints go to newly-promoted Little Oakley on Saturday (3pm) and Duke, while admitting that his squad is still settling in, thinks his men are capable of breaking into the Thurlow Nunn Division One’s top 10.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re still settling in but we’re confident that we have a group that can improve on last season’s finish,” he said.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition