NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Arran Duke bemoans Ricky Bowden’s red card as Wisbech St Mary lose to Leiston Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Arran Duke says his Wisbech St Mary men never recovered from being reduced to 10 men after they slipped to a 3-0 defeat to Leiston Reserves last weekend.
Ricky Bowden received two yellow cards in the first half as the Saints were sent to their first Thurlow Nunn First Division defeat since the opening day of the season.
“It was a bad day at the office,” Duke said.
“We never recovered from Ricky’s early second yellow and we were comfortably beaten.
“The lads know they didn’t reach the levels expected of them and they have to be better. After three wins it brought us back down with a bump and a reaction is needed.”
You may also want to watch:
The villagers will look to get that reaction this weekend when they welcome Cornard United to the ABC Quality Meats Stadium on Saturday (3pm).
“We’ve got six players returning so that will be a big boost,” Duke added.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 Councillor wants flats plan binned
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 6 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 7 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
“Having those players missing was difficult last week but was no excuse for the performance from the lads. They know they must be better.”