Niall Conroy becomes Wisbech Town’s FIFTH keeper as injury curse continues
THE curse of the injured goalkeepers struck again at Wisbech Town today forcing Steve Appleby to bring in a FIFTH shot-stopper.
St Ives Town’s Niall Conroy, 20, has signed dual registration forms for the Fenmen and will play in their crucial Thurlow Nunn Premier Division clash with Stanway Rovers on Saturday.
Appleby was forced to sign his third goalie of the week after emergency keeper Ricky Lovelace had his own emergency - aggravating a shoulder injury which could keep him out for some time.
Lovelace joins fellow keepers Lea Jordan - out for two weeks with an abductor problem - and Tom Roberts - who has broken his ankle - on the sidelines.
King’s Lynn Town keeper Alex Street, who signed dual registration forms with Wisbech this week, is required by the Linnets this weekend for their FA Trophy clash with Barwell.
You may also want to watch:
The injury glut has left Appleby cursing his luck and the Fenmen boss admitted he had brought in Conroy “purely on recommendation”.
He said: “If the lad is keen to come and help, that’s good enough for me.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 8 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
Conroy, also known as Niall Conroy-Owen, is a former team-mate of Fenmen midfielder Rogan McGeorge.