RUGBY: Wisbech Rugby Club prepares for new season
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Rugby Club is preparing for the 2018-2019 season with training led by director of rugby Leonard Veenendaal and newly appointed head coach Nico Steenkamp.
The sessions, started on Tuesday, July 40, saw 40 plus senior players “working hard on all aspects of the game”.
A spokesman said: “The senior squad will be putting the first phase of their preparation in practice when they play a pre-season friendly at Spalding RFC on August 18.
“This will be followed by a friendly against West Norfolk RFC on August 25 and Deepings RFC on September 1.
“Additional consultant coaches with specialist focus will also be utilized ahead of the league fixtures witch kick off on the on September 8 at home for both the 1st XV and the Wildcats.”
Support for the club has come from new kit sponsor A R Haddon, Plant Hire and Groundwork Contractors.
The spokesman added: “Thanks are also due to Del Monte Fresh Produce who have donated items for use at recent functions and charity events held at the club.”
- 1 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 7 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 8 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 9 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks