Netminder re-signs for Peterborough Islanders
WISBECH-based ice hockey netminder Rob McGregor has re-signed for the Peterborough Islanders.
McGregor, now in his second year with the team, will battle the experienced Simon Wren for the number one jersey.
The netminder said: “I’m delighted to be back. Last year was tough but I think we’re all a little bit stronger for the experience and will bounce back a tougher and more determined team.
“Simon’s a great guy and his experience helped me a huge amount last season. I’m very happy to be able to play alongside him again this year.”
The Isles won just one game last campaign and coach Robert Wheatley believes the signings are vital as he builds his squad for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Wheatley said: “It’s great to have both Simon and Rob on board for the new season. We’re building up a great group of players and both of these guys are a big part of that.
“Rob worked really hard last year and Ross Mackintosh and I have seen a vast improvement in his game. He’s a great team player and is ready to step up when asked. The chance to play alongside Simon for another year will only benefit him as Wren is such an experienced player.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 3 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Loft gives up its secret: £60,000 of cannabis plants
- 6 Police finally pull car from Fens river
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
The Islanders begin their 2010-11 campaign at the Peterborough Arena on Saturday September 11 (face-off 6.30pm) when they will taken on Romford Fury before travelling to the Isle of Wight the following night to face Vectis Tigers.