Netminder re-signs for Peterborough Islanders
WISBECH-based ice hockey netminder Rob McGregor has re-signed for the Peterborough Islanders.
McGregor, now in his second year with the team, will battle the experienced Simon Wren for the number one jersey.
The netminder said: “I’m delighted to be back. Last year was tough but I think we’re all a little bit stronger for the experience and will bounce back a tougher and more determined team.
“Simon’s a great guy and his experience helped me a huge amount last season. I’m very happy to be able to play alongside him again this year.”
The Isles won just one game last campaign and coach Robert Wheatley believes the signings are vital as he builds his squad for the new season.
You may also want to watch:
Wheatley said: “It’s great to have both Simon and Rob on board for the new season. We’re building up a great group of players and both of these guys are a big part of that.
“Rob worked really hard last year and Ross Mackintosh and I have seen a vast improvement in his game. He’s a great team player and is ready to step up when asked. The chance to play alongside Simon for another year will only benefit him as Wren is such an experienced player.”
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 10 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
The Islanders begin their 2010-11 campaign at the Peterborough Arena on Saturday September 11 (face-off 6.30pm) when they will taken on Romford Fury before travelling to the Isle of Wight the following night to face Vectis Tigers.