NETBALL: Rookies under 16s end season on a high with Fenland Youth Tournament win
- Credit: Archant
There has been double cause for celebration for a side of young netball stars in recent weeks.
The Rookies under 16 squad followed up their fine league campaign by fighting off competition from other local sides to lift the Fenland Youth Tournament title last weekend.
The Wisbech-based youngsters finished their league season in second place – losing just one match to the division’s title winners – before clinching the regional trophy on July 2.
The side’s coach, Andrea Eggleton, said: “I am really proud of the girls. They are really committed to training every week and all 12 of them have played their part in this achievement as it has been a long season with lots of matches.”
The Rookies train every Monday from 6.30pm to 8pm at the Thomas Clarkson Academy in Wisbech. Sessions are £3.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Andrea on email@example.com or call 01945 587802.
- 1 Independent cinema forced to cancel film screenings due to vandalism
- 2 'Off they go!' - family friends cycle from Wales to Wisbech
- 3 Man assaults police officer whilst in possession of drugs on E-Bike
- 4 Fundraiser launched for funeral of woman who died of Covid-19
- 5 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 6 Freemasons donate £500 each to two local charities
- 7 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused