Murphy to play for Yaxley after Wisbech Town boss Appleby agrees ‘one-game’ deal
TEENAGER Sam Murphy will play for Yaxley tomorrow after Wisbech Town boss Steve Appleby agreed a one-game deal with the United Counties League outfit.
Murphy, 19, is expected to start Yaxley’s UCL game at AFC Kempston, while his Fenmen team-mates entertain Gorleston in a Ridgeons Premier Division clash.
Appleby said: “Sam will hopefully be playing 90 minutes tomorrow as we’ve got no reserve game.
“I need all of our players to get game time in with a view for being ready for next weekend’s FA Vase game against Dunston UTS. It’s just a one-game deal.”
The talented midfielder is the third Fenmen player to temporarily link up with the club’s former assistant manager Darren Edey at Yaxley this season.
You may also want to watch:
He follows Ollie Gale and Nick Davey in agreeing short-term arrangements to gain match fitness with the Peterborough-based side.
Both have since returned to the Fenmen first team with striker Davey scoring in each of the club’s last three matches.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
Murphy has made a handful of appearances for the Fenmen’s first team this season after breaking through from the club’s reserve team.
He could replace Callum Reed, who will miss the fourth-round Vase clash with Dunston through suspension, in next weekend’s squad.