Mud-drenched Wisbech under-9s take three wins in Swaffham
MUD-DRENCHED but triumphant, Wisbech Rugby Club s under-9s are pictured celebrating three victories in their final fixtures of 2009. The boys beat Swafffham away three times in one day. In the first match Wisbech started out in top gear and won 4-0. Try
MUD-DRENCHED but triumphant, Wisbech Rugby Club's under-9s are pictured celebrating three victories in their final fixtures of 2009.
The boys beat Swafffham away three times in one day.
In the first match Wisbech started out in top gear and won 4-0.
Try scorers were Luke Green, Archie Lyall, Frank Etherington and Finlay Wilcox, who scored an impressive diving try.
In the second match the Wisbech youngsters again dominated the Swaffham pack with some excellent rolling mauls and stolen balls winning 5-2.
The try scorers were Cameron Finlay, Etherington (2), Thomas Nunn and Luke Green.
- 1 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 2 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 3 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 4 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 5 Teens arrested after woman threatened with hammer in Wisbech
- 6 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Official who probed Covid breaches by councillors fears for job
- 10 Post office break-in linked to three other ram raids, say police
In the final game the Wisbech boys kept up their momentum to win 3-0.
Try scorers were Luke Fey and Etherington (2).
Player of the week was Ethan Gutherie, who made a big impression with his runs and tackling.
Forward Connor Mckenzie was also excellent.
Anyone aged five to 16 who wants to try their hand a rugby should turn up for training at the Wisbech Rugby Club's Chapel Road ground on January 3 at 10am.