Mud-drenched Wisbech under-9s take three wins in Swaffham
MUD-DRENCHED but triumphant, Wisbech Rugby Club s under-9s are pictured celebrating three victories in their final fixtures of 2009. The boys beat Swafffham away three times in one day. In the first match Wisbech started out in top gear and won 4-0. Try
MUD-DRENCHED but triumphant, Wisbech Rugby Club's under-9s are pictured celebrating three victories in their final fixtures of 2009.
The boys beat Swafffham away three times in one day.
In the first match Wisbech started out in top gear and won 4-0.
Try scorers were Luke Green, Archie Lyall, Frank Etherington and Finlay Wilcox, who scored an impressive diving try.
You may also want to watch:
In the second match the Wisbech youngsters again dominated the Swaffham pack with some excellent rolling mauls and stolen balls winning 5-2.
The try scorers were Cameron Finlay, Etherington (2), Thomas Nunn and Luke Green.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 5 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
In the final game the Wisbech boys kept up their momentum to win 3-0.
Try scorers were Luke Fey and Etherington (2).
Player of the week was Ethan Gutherie, who made a big impression with his runs and tackling.
Forward Connor Mckenzie was also excellent.
Anyone aged five to 16 who wants to try their hand a rugby should turn up for training at the Wisbech Rugby Club's Chapel Road ground on January 3 at 10am.