MOTORSPORT: Wisbech stock car star Randal Lynn crowned East Anglian Spedeworth champion
- Credit: Archant
It has been quite the season for Wisbech stock car racer Randal Lynn.
The local lad won his maiden heat at the Spedeworth Wimbledon Winternationals back in January and followed that up earlier this month by being crowned East Anglian champion in Great Yarmouth.
Randal, who began racing in November, eased to victory in the rain – even lapping the eighth-placed finisher and crossing the line ahead of current world champion, Jason Cooper.
“I knew when it started to rain that we were in for a good chance of competing for the title,” Randal said.
“Race two ended early on because of a collision and going into the final I wasn’t sure if we still had the good speed from earlier on as we didn’t get the laps some of the others had but a good start enabled me to get away.
You may also want to watch:
“As you can imagine I was over the moon to achieve this, especially having such a short career racing for Spedeworth promotions at tracks I’ve not raced at before.”
Randal returns to action this weekend in Ipswich.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 4 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 5 Boy, 16, found with screwdriver in town park
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 10 'I hit brick walls' says guardian fighting for child mental health support
• He is also looking for sponsorship. For more information, 07487 825847 or email Randallynn@hotmail.co.uk.