MOTORSPORT: Wisbech stock car star Randal Lynn crowned East Anglian Spedeworth champion
- Credit: Archant
It has been quite the season for Wisbech stock car racer Randal Lynn.
The local lad won his maiden heat at the Spedeworth Wimbledon Winternationals back in January and followed that up earlier this month by being crowned East Anglian champion in Great Yarmouth.
Randal, who began racing in November, eased to victory in the rain – even lapping the eighth-placed finisher and crossing the line ahead of current world champion, Jason Cooper.
“I knew when it started to rain that we were in for a good chance of competing for the title,” Randal said.
“Race two ended early on because of a collision and going into the final I wasn’t sure if we still had the good speed from earlier on as we didn’t get the laps some of the others had but a good start enabled me to get away.
You may also want to watch:
“As you can imagine I was over the moon to achieve this, especially having such a short career racing for Spedeworth promotions at tracks I’ve not raced at before.”
Randal returns to action this weekend in Ipswich.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 9 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
• He is also looking for sponsorship. For more information, 07487 825847 or email Randallynn@hotmail.co.uk.