MOTORSPORT: Wisbech go-karting prodigy Rihanna lifts British title
- Credit: Archant
A go-karting starlet from Wisbech has been crowned national champion.
Rihanna Regan, a pupil at Wisbech Grammar School, triumphed in the 90 CC Go-Kart British Championships on July 2.
She fought off competition from over 60 other racers to speed to success in her red and blue go-kart.
The 13-year-old was encouraged to take up the sport by her father two years ago. She then made her own go-kart and has entered into a number of competitions since.
A Wisbech Grammar School spokesman said: “She has followed her passion for the last two years and had the steely determination and commitment to compete.
You may also want to watch:
“We are inspired by Rihanna and her achievements and we are very proud.
“The school encourages all its pupils to discover who they are through a range of extra-curricular activities and supports all pupils with their ambitions.”
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire