MOTORSPORT: Wisbech go-karting prodigy Rihanna lifts British title
- Credit: Archant
A go-karting starlet from Wisbech has been crowned national champion.
Rihanna Regan, a pupil at Wisbech Grammar School, triumphed in the 90 CC Go-Kart British Championships on July 2.
She fought off competition from over 60 other racers to speed to success in her red and blue go-kart.
The 13-year-old was encouraged to take up the sport by her father two years ago. She then made her own go-kart and has entered into a number of competitions since.
A Wisbech Grammar School spokesman said: “She has followed her passion for the last two years and had the steely determination and commitment to compete.
You may also want to watch:
“We are inspired by Rihanna and her achievements and we are very proud.
“The school encourages all its pupils to discover who they are through a range of extra-curricular activities and supports all pupils with their ambitions.”
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 7 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’