Motorsport team do CWA proud at Silverstone
- Credit: Archant
Motorists from the College of West Anglia’s Wisbech campus sped to victory at Silverstone, the home of British motor racing.
CWA’s motorsport team was awarded the Stephen Brown Memorial Trophy, an award that commemorates racing driver Stephen, by series coordinator Stuart Garland.
The award focuses on sporting excellence, positive attitude, sportsmanship and “going the extra mile” in the sport.
MSV Trackday Trophy also awarded the trophy to CWA because of the team’s commitment to the series, helping others and the work the college does in providing young people with opportunities in the motorsport industry.
JP Latham, lecturer and team manager, said: “We were very humbled to receive the award.
You may also want to watch:
“Thanks go out to our drivers Chris and Andrew Tsang, all of our sponsors, the support of the College of West Anglia, MSV Trackday Trophy and of course all of our Institute of the Motor Industry motorsport students.”
- 1 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 2 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 3 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 4 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 5 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 First wholetime woman firefighter in Cambs retires after 30 years
- 8 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault