MOTORSPORT: Gorefield star Lucas Ellingham hopes to race to success at Super One British Championships
- Credit: Archant
A racing prodigy from Gorefield is hoping to taste success at one of the biggest events in the racing calendar.
Lucas Ellingham – known as Fenland’s answer to Lewis Hamilton - will take his place on the starting line at the Super One British Championships in Gloucestershire next week.
The series runs until September and will see the UK’s top kart racers go head-to-head at a variety of venues across the country.
The 11-year-old will hope to add another trophy to his already extensive collection, which includes the top rookie title which he claimed at last year’s Super One British Formula Honda Cadet Championship.
Lucas will go into next week’s curtain-raiser off the back of racing to first place in the Trent Valley Kart Club Championships and an impressive third-place finish at the 2016 East Anglian Trophy. He is yet to finish in a position lower than third in all of his meetings this season.
You may also want to watch:
His exploits in his four-stroke Formula Honda Cadet kart have also earned him sponsorship with top racing manufacturer Zip Kart and he has also had a host of offers from other firms.
• For more information on Lucas, visit www.lucasellingham.com.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 9 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action