Mum and daughter keep running to stay fit during lockdown
- Credit: Sarah-jane Macdonald
Despite lockdown, Three Counties Running Club members are still doing their best to stay fit, healthy and positive during uncertain times.
Weekly challenges set by member Tracey Else and running sessions by coach Gary Bligh are keeping members focused, even if they cannot run in groups.
The challenge of spelling ‘LOCKDOWN’ with street names continues, while members are beginning a new task to recognise key workers.
Members are asked to include as many key worker venues as possible during their run, walk or cycle, while mother and daughter duo Sarah-jane and Maisie Macdonald took part in the Great Run Solo 12 days of Christmas.
The idea was to run or walk on 12 separate occasions in December.
You may also want to watch:
Other members are still taking part in virtual monthly challenges, such as running a certain number of miles over a month, from 25 to 100 miles.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets