Mum and daughter keep running to stay fit during lockdown
- Credit: Sarah-jane Macdonald
Despite lockdown, Three Counties Running Club members are still doing their best to stay fit, healthy and positive during uncertain times.
Weekly challenges set by member Tracey Else and running sessions by coach Gary Bligh are keeping members focused, even if they cannot run in groups.
The challenge of spelling ‘LOCKDOWN’ with street names continues, while members are beginning a new task to recognise key workers.
Members are asked to include as many key worker venues as possible during their run, walk or cycle, while mother and daughter duo Sarah-jane and Maisie Macdonald took part in the Great Run Solo 12 days of Christmas.
The idea was to run or walk on 12 separate occasions in December.
You may also want to watch:
Other members are still taking part in virtual monthly challenges, such as running a certain number of miles over a month, from 25 to 100 miles.
- 1 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 4 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 5 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 6 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 7 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 8 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 9 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls
- 10 My family of 10 would have made light work of lockdown in the 50s