Mixed martial arts group calls for new members
A CALL has been made for new members to join a martial arts group with a difference. Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is the largest growing sport in the UK, and its training combines a mix of boxing, Thai boxing, wrestling and Ju Jitsu. A group has been establi
A CALL has been made for new members to join a martial arts group with a difference.
Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) is the largest growing sport in the UK, and its training combines a mix of boxing, Thai boxing, wrestling and Ju Jitsu.
A group has been established in Wisbech and has now moved to new training nights on Monday and Thursday.
The classes are led by instructor Chris Ellington and he said it is a fun way to get fit, build self-confidence or take it to the next level.
You may also want to watch:
Some of the students who take part in MMA then go on to compete in cage fighting, but what level you take yourself to with the sport is entirely up to you.
Chris said the classes help to keep students fit and that there are also a number of youngsters who attend the sessions.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Take 10 initiative leaves students ‘buzzing’ about literacy
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
He said the number of nights the class are held has been expanded in order to accommodate new students, and everyone is welcome.
He said there is also a plan to create a children's training session just for the younger members of the class.
The Wisbech group has recently named itself Avaddon - which stands for Dark Angel.
Training sessions are held at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech and are on Monday 8pm until 9.30pm and on Thursday at the same time.
If you would like to find out more contact the leisure centre or just turn on one of the nights.
The first session is free and the club is full insured and there is also a first aider on hand.