Edwards shines as Mildenhall Fen Tigers surge to the top
- Credit: Derek Leader
Jason Edwards produced a stylish display to send Mildenhall Fen Tigers surging to the summit of the National Development League.
Edwards’ 18-point maximum helped deliver a 61-29 victory over Berwick Bullets on Sunday, as well as going to within a second of the track record in his opening ride.
The win was somewhat overshadowed by the loss of Berwick riders Ben Rathbone and Luke Crang who both pulled out after they crashed into the first bend air fence in heat three.
Sam Bebee excelled at reserve alongside captain Jordan Jenkins to score 11 points each at West Row.
Nathan Ablitt also shone with 10 points, while Elliot Kelly contributed to the rout.
The Fen Tigers were due to be at Armadale on Friday, which has been postponed and face Kent in a league clash on October 19.
Mildenhall Fen Tigers: Edwards 18 (6 rides), Jenkins 11+3 (5), Bebee 11+1 (5), Ablitt 10+1 (5), Terry-Daley 6+3 (5) Kelly 5+3 (4).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 6 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
Berwick: Bickley 9 (5 rides), Blair 8 (5), Kieran Douglas 7+2 (7), Mason Watson 3 (5), Ryan MacDonald 1 (4), Crang 1 (1 ride W/D) and Rathbone 0 (1 ride W/D).