MARTIAL ARTS: Wisbech Mark Farnham School of Tae Kwon-Do fighters win five medals on national stage
- Credit: Archant
Tae Kwon-Do experts from Wisbech proved why they are some of the best in the country with top performances as the TAGB British Championships.
Local fighters from the Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do brought home five medals from the Birmingham-based tournament that welcomed 1,500 competitors and over 300 officials.
Competitors took part in pattern, sparring, destruction, team sparring and team pattern events and Wisbech fighters claimed one gold, one silver and three bronze medals.
Coach, Mark Farnham said: “To win any award at this event is a very serious achievement, so we are very proud to have won these awards throughout our 15 schools.
“A very well done to all the students who achieved these awards and a big thank you to all the officials and spectators who took the journey to support us.”
You may also want to watch:
C. Beck: Girls Yellow Belt Sparring, 2nd
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 9 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
- 10 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
C. Beck: Girls Yellow Belt Patterns, 3rd
A. Ganger: Cadet Male Red Belt Patterns, 3rd
B. Kenealy: Cadet Male Red Belt Sparring, 1st
A. Mlynek: Girls Yellow Belt Sparring, 3rd