Martha and Sally seal victory at Wisbech Tennis Club’s Quorn Family Tennis Cup
- Credit: Archant
Martha Hoyles and her Mum, Sally, were the victors as Wisbech Tennis Club hosted the Quorn Family Tennis Cup Red Ball competition.
Eight pairs of tennis enthusiasts flocked to Harecroft Road on May 8, and Martha and Sally beat fellow family members Libby and David Hoyles in a closely-fought final.
Martha and Sally will now take on the victors of other Quorn Family Tennis Cup events around the country.
This Sunday, the club will be taking part in the Great British Tennis Weekend by hosting an open day from 10.30am until 4pm.
Coach-led taster activities and free play will be available, and club members will be on hand to give advice for players of all ages and abilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.lta.org.uk/gbtw or call 07549 263767.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires