Martha and Sally seal victory at Wisbech Tennis Club’s Quorn Family Tennis Cup
- Credit: Archant
Martha Hoyles and her Mum, Sally, were the victors as Wisbech Tennis Club hosted the Quorn Family Tennis Cup Red Ball competition.
Eight pairs of tennis enthusiasts flocked to Harecroft Road on May 8, and Martha and Sally beat fellow family members Libby and David Hoyles in a closely-fought final.
Martha and Sally will now take on the victors of other Quorn Family Tennis Cup events around the country.
This Sunday, the club will be taking part in the Great British Tennis Weekend by hosting an open day from 10.30am until 4pm.
Coach-led taster activities and free play will be available, and club members will be on hand to give advice for players of all ages and abilities.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.lta.org.uk/gbtw or call 07549 263767.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze