Marshland Archers to host family-friendly taster day at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
An archery club formed in Marshland is hosting a family-friendly taster day on Saturday June 17 as part of Archery GB’s national event The Big Weekend.
Marshland Archers is inviting people to try out the sport at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre in Summer Close, Wisbech, from 10am until 4pm.
There will also be an indoor craft fair, outdoor car boot sale, inflatables, games, hot food and ice cream.
Caroline Coates, secretary of Marshland Archers, said: “Budding bowmen and aspiring archers are invited to try out archery at Marshland Archers -even if they have never picked up a bow and arrow before.
“Archery GB’s Big Weekend, in association with Foresters Friendly Society, will see around 90 clubs across the country open their doors to potential archers.
You may also want to watch:
“With around 6,000 members of the public set to take part and around 35,000 arrows to be shot in total, it is going to be a massive and exciting UK wide event.
“Not only will visitors be able to try out a new sport, they will also have the opportunity to meet new friends – at each event there will be plenty of current club members to lend a hand and chat about how they got started in archery.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
“Marshland Archers is no exception, it has been running for two years and has members, young and old, who take part in archery on a weekly basis.”
Equipment will be provided on the day; £3 for 12 arrows. No experience is required.
For more information about Marshland Archers or this event, contact Caroline Coates via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07585 381602.