Marshland Archers to host family-friendly taster day at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre
- Credit: Archant
An archery club formed in Marshland is hosting a family-friendly taster day on Saturday June 17 as part of Archery GB’s national event The Big Weekend.
Marshland Archers is inviting people to try out the sport at Walpole St Andrew Community Centre in Summer Close, Wisbech, from 10am until 4pm.
There will also be an indoor craft fair, outdoor car boot sale, inflatables, games, hot food and ice cream.
Caroline Coates, secretary of Marshland Archers, said: “Budding bowmen and aspiring archers are invited to try out archery at Marshland Archers -even if they have never picked up a bow and arrow before.
“Archery GB’s Big Weekend, in association with Foresters Friendly Society, will see around 90 clubs across the country open their doors to potential archers.
“With around 6,000 members of the public set to take part and around 35,000 arrows to be shot in total, it is going to be a massive and exciting UK wide event.
“Not only will visitors be able to try out a new sport, they will also have the opportunity to meet new friends – at each event there will be plenty of current club members to lend a hand and chat about how they got started in archery.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
“Marshland Archers is no exception, it has been running for two years and has members, young and old, who take part in archery on a weekly basis.”
Equipment will be provided on the day; £3 for 12 arrows. No experience is required.
For more information about Marshland Archers or this event, contact Caroline Coates via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07585 381602.