Time trial honours at stake for March newcomers
- Credit: March Triathlon Club
Two members battled it out for time trial (TT) honours at a 25-mile event over the weekend.
Luke Dolby and Aaron Godden, new to TTs, took on the Fenland Clarion Culip Cup event at Conington near Peterborough on September 5.
The majority of the route is on the older section of the A1 alongside the current section, and forms a road with a series of 10 roundabouts for riders to navigate.
Luke and Aaron, new to TT action, completed the course in 1:06:28 and 1:12:10 respectively, averaging speeds of over 23mph.
This Sunday, March Triathlon Club’s GOtri event takes place at the George Campbell Leisure Centre on City Road for beginners.
The event starts at 10am where participants can swim from 150-300 metres, complete a 30-40-minute spin bike exercise and a short run around West End Park.
It is £10 to enter with 75 per cent of proceeds going to charity, and a certificate will be awarded to those who finish the event.
- 1 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 2 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Body found in Wisbech road
- 5 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 6 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 7 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 8 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 9 Latest phase of Wisbech to Upwell Tram Memorial unveiled
- 10 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
The club meets every Tuesday evening for a weekly swim session and hopes to have athletes competing in most weekend events during the 2022 season.
For more details, email Martyn Lancaster at: Marchtriathlonclub@gmx.co.uk.