No love lost for March runners as club shows determined display
- Credit: March AC
There was no love lost from the weather, but March AC runners were not to be deterred in round four of the inter-club Frostbite League.
Despite freezing temperatures, 26 senior and eight junior runners competed in five-mile and 1.5-mile routes for the club, who sit in fifth spot, over Valentine’s weekend of February 13-14.
Luke Brown crossed first for March seniors, while Kanina O’Neil was first woman home and third overall in 32:41.
Meanwhile, Luke Cumbridge and Molly Cook were first junior boy and girl to finish the course.
It was not a weekend for personal bests, but each runner showed grit and determination to carry on, as they return to league action between March 13-14.
You may also want to watch:
Seniors: Luke Brown 28:56; Andy Cole 30:38; Kanina O’Neil 32:41; Toni Alcaraz 33:17; Kev Bunn 33:59; Mark Salmons 34:22; Liam Lambert 34:31; Dean Markillie 34:36; Andrew Wool 35:13; Jon Long 36:58; Justin Showell 38:24; James Arran 38:43; Walter Beldom 39:05; Mark Cook 39:15; Tina Burbridge Lambert 40:09; Phil Beldom 40:15; Rhys Davies 40:30; Joanne Anderson-Wenn 40:50; Hugh Harris 40:59; Fay Scrivener 43:47; Wendy Harrison 45:42; Sue Ward 47:24; Deb Watts 49:59; Mark Darlow 50:41; Dawn Veal 50:42 and Pat Norris 53:49.
- 1 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 2 Police accuse Wisbech mayor and pub landlord of 'insulting disregard' to licensing objectives
- 3 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 4 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 5 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 6 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 7 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 8 LETTER: High Covid rates in Wisbech and 'sceptic' councillors?
- 9 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls
- 10 My family of 10 would have made light work of lockdown in the 50s
Juniors: Luke Cumbridge 8:29; Archie McClure 10:20; Matthew Cumbridge 10:34; Charlie Bradshaw 11:53; Serge Lambert 12:15; Molly Cook 13:14; Annabelle Brand 13:36 and Daniel Hammond 14:37.