MARCH: Hazel eyes World Championships place with Ennis and Sotherton
BERLIN beckons for Louise Hazel, who hopes to claim one of the three spots in the heptathlon team travelling to the World Championship next month. Stars, Jessica Ennis and Kelly Sotherton, have already claimed two of those spots. However, the 23-year-old
BERLIN beckons for Louise Hazel, who hopes to claim one of the three spots in the heptathlon team travelling to the World Championship next month.
Stars, Jessica Ennis and Kelly Sotherton, have already claimed two of those spots.
However, the 23-year-old athlete from March, last month totalled 6,043 points from seven events, which was miles above the B standard required and was the second best achieved by a British lady this year.
Hazel, pictured, made a TV appearance at the weekend, running in the 100 metres hurdles final at the world trials held in Birmingham on Sunday. She finished fifth behind rival Ennis with a time of 13.50.
You may also want to watch:
In the long jump she finished a disappointing seventh place, with a leap of 6.07 metres.
She will be back in Birmingham this weekend to compete in the long jump, shot putt and hurdles.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 5 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 6 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 7 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash