MARCH: Gymnasts are head over heels after recording best results in club's history
MEMBERS of the March-based Neale-Wade Gymnastics Club produced the best performance in their 10-year-history to win 34 medals, including 11 golds, at a regional competition in Peterborough. The club sent 19 gymnasts to the Regional Gee Gee Four Piece Com
MEMBERS of the March-based Neale-Wade Gymnastics Club produced the best performance in their 10-year-history to win 34 medals, including 11 golds, at a regional competition in Peterborough.
The club sent 19 gymnasts to the Regional Gee Gee Four Piece Competition, in which more than 200 people took part, and won 10 silvers and 13 bronze medals.
Head coach Alan Todd, who used to work with Louis Smith, who became the first Briton to win an individual gymnastics Olympic medal when he won bronze at last year's Beijing Games, said: "This was a really excellent effort. We've never won more than 30 medals before.
"Gymnastics takes a lot of discipline and hard work so I'm very proud of their achievements.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all the coaches for the effort they have put in and, in particular, assistant head coach and club welfare officer Sarah Eastol, for all the hours she puts in and choreographer Kerri Adams, who worked really hard perfecting all of the floor routines.
"I now hope we can build on this success year on year."
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
The club has about 150 members, ranging from four years old to adults.
For more information about the club, call Alan or Kim Todd on 01354 692437.
Results: Neale-Wade Gymnastic Club at the Gee Gee Regional Four Piece Competition.
Georgina Crofts, bronze on floor and bronze on vault; Madison Stanley-Collins, silver on bars and gold on floor; Lucy Simpson, silver on vault and silver on floor; Charlotte Bell, bronze on floor; Katie Simpson, silver on floor and gold on vault; Leanna Shepherd, bronze on bars, bronze on floor and silver on beam; Jasmine Collier, silver on vault; Sophie Youles, bronze on vault and gold on floor; Anya Gritsenko, silver on floor; George Wickes, silver on floor and bars, bronze on beam; Scott Wickes, bronze on bars, gold on vault, gold on beam and gold on floor; Alice Edwards, gold on bars; Frances Eastol, gold on floor; Heidi Elkin, bronze on bars; Lauren Kirby, bronze on floor; Bethany Marsh, bronze on bars, gold on vault and floor; Ellena Edwards, silver on floor, gold on bars and beam; Eleanor Blackwood just missed out on a medal in her routine, finishing fourth and Vaida Murrell also missed out on a medal but put in a very creditable performance.