March Boxing Club set to hold their first show in two years
By ADAM LAZZARI MARCH Amateur Boxing Club are set to hold their first show in two years. It will be at March Braza Club on April 9 at 8pm. Eight March boxers are expected to be on the bill, including England international Charlie Stevens. March head coa
By ADAM LAZZARI
MARCH Amateur Boxing Club are set to hold their first show in two years.
It will be at March Braza Club on April 9 at 8pm.
Eight March boxers are expected to be on the bill, including England international Charlie Stevens.
You may also want to watch:
March head coach Bernie Wing said: "We hope to hold about 12 to 14 bouts. We are hoping to get some Chatteris and Wisbech boxers involved as well.
"Everyone is really excited about it and I'm sure it will be a great show.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
"We're already almost sold out of tickets for sit-down meals. There may be a few tickets left for people that want to stand, but I'd advise anyone interested in coming along to book tickets as soon as possible to avoid disappointment."
He added: "It's great to be able to put on the first show in about two years. The main problem has been that we've been unable to get the venue, but we're now expecting to hold another show at the Braza Club in December and then have to shows their next year."
Tickets are �30 for a seat and dinner and �10 for standing.
They can be bought by calling Wing on 07840 819057 or 01354 654648.
March ABC have training sessions on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays on their Century Way facilities from 6.30pm and newcomers are welcome.