March boss targets two players including Wisbech Town's Lewis Cook
Ridgeons Division One Cup Godmanchester Rovers 3 March Town United 0 THE Hares are in need of a boost after a poor result which manager Jamie Weston aims to provide this with two key signings. He is hoping to bring in Wisbech full-back Lewis Cook next w
Ridgeons Division One Cup
Godmanchester Rovers 3 March Town United 0
MARCH boss Jamie Weston aims to boost his squad with two key signings after a poor result on Wednesday night.
He is hoping to bring in Wisbech full-back Lewis Cook next week and full-back/ winger Ryan Asher-Powell from Wednesday night's nemesis, Godmanchester for tomorrow's home match against second-placed Great Yarmouth.
Weston said: "Lewis is a top player and would definitely make us stronger.
"He was a regular at Wisbech in the Ridgeons Premier Division last season but picked up an injury and is now out of the team.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 7 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 8 Wisbech family discover 'ultimate side hustle'
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 ‘Thank you, my NHS, you were simply amazing’
"Ryan played for March two years ago and has expressed an interest in re-joining us. I've put in a seven-day approach and expect to speak to him this weekend. He would give us more strength in depth."
A header following a corner put Godmanchester 1-0 up after 25 minutes on Wednesday night and two superb free-kicks flew into the top corner of March's net in the second half.
Weston said: "We were lethargic and poor and we didn't create anything. We had several players missing but there's no excuse for a performance like that."
He added: "I'm confident we can bounce back and cause Great Yarmouth problems on Saturday.