March B win promotion
MARCH Tennis Club s B Team won promotion to the Peterborough and District Division Three this week this week with two wins over Deeping E. With March second in the division and Deeping third, Deeping were the only team that could stop March being promote
MARCH Tennis Club's B Team won promotion to the Peterborough and District Division Three this week this week with two wins over Deeping E.
With March second in the division and Deeping third, Deeping were the only team that could stop March being promoted.
The first of the two wins came on Sunday with a 6-3 victory, followed by a 7-2 win in the return leg on Tuesday.
March were able to field their strongest six players for both games for the first time in many weeks.
The team was made up of David Turnbull partnering Shaun Hackett, Arron Marsh and captain Niall Harris and Julian Austin with Steven Turnbull.
Team manager Martin Dawson said: "The lads have come a long way in a year as last season they were near the bottom of the table.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
"They only lost three matches this year and if they stay together and continue to improve I am sure they will do well in Division Three next season.