Marathon success for March Athletic Club member
- Credit: Archant
Toni Alcaraz had an amazing marathon at Chester - completing the 26.2 miles in a fantastic time of two hours 59 minutes and 12 seconds.
As this was a British Masters Race Toni was awarded with the silver medal in the Federation Championship.
Meanwhile, on a shorter distance, the Frostbite Friendly cross country league got underway.
It’s a series of cross country races, five miles, through the region over the winter period.
March Seniors came eighth in this first race at St Neots.
Dave Burgess led the team home in 29 minutes 11 seconds while Emma Tuck was first lady home for the club in 33.07.
The juniors had a good start to the season also coming ninth overall with Louis Benningfield leading the team home in seven minutes 29 seconds.
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 3 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 4 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 7 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 8 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 9 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 10 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
Dave Burgess 29:11, Luke Brown 32:26, Gary Ashby 33:03, Emma Tuck 33:07, Daniel Barber 34:16, Rhys Davies 34:35, Paul Hensby 35:05, Andrew Wool 35:21, Geraldine Larham 35:46, Liam Lambert 36:04, Justin Showell 36:12, Sean Stacey 36:49, Mark Salmons 37:00, Karen Patterson 37:28, Alan Brown 38:12, Hugh Harris 38:24, Phil Beldom 39:29, Bryan Newman 39:41, Tina Lambert 41:29, Kathryn Brand 41:57, Bryan Goodenough 42:58, Gemma Barner 46:12, Diane Brown 49:23, Deb Watts 51:34, Maura Brown 1:17:47, Pat Brown 1:17:48
Louis Benningfield 7:29, Archie Bullman 8:34, Luke Gardner 8:51, Lily Fiveash 9:56, Oliver Harding 10:08, Vinnie Quinlan 10:09, Harry Cook 10:20, Edie Wilkinson 10:22, Harry Hiskett 10:45, Serge Lambert 10:46, Ellie Fiveash 10:48, Holly Cook . Melissa Neal was at Ashford racing in the 10k and won third lady prize and was first in her category.
Then there is the half marathoners at the weekend, Kosice Half Marathon – Allan Turpie 1:59:41.
Wimpole Half Marathon – Tom Orr 1:55, Suzanne Orr 2.52.