Marathon success for March Athletic Club member
- Credit: Archant
Toni Alcaraz had an amazing marathon at Chester - completing the 26.2 miles in a fantastic time of two hours 59 minutes and 12 seconds.
As this was a British Masters Race Toni was awarded with the silver medal in the Federation Championship.
Meanwhile, on a shorter distance, the Frostbite Friendly cross country league got underway.
It’s a series of cross country races, five miles, through the region over the winter period.
March Seniors came eighth in this first race at St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
Dave Burgess led the team home in 29 minutes 11 seconds while Emma Tuck was first lady home for the club in 33.07.
The juniors had a good start to the season also coming ninth overall with Louis Benningfield leading the team home in seven minutes 29 seconds.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
Dave Burgess 29:11, Luke Brown 32:26, Gary Ashby 33:03, Emma Tuck 33:07, Daniel Barber 34:16, Rhys Davies 34:35, Paul Hensby 35:05, Andrew Wool 35:21, Geraldine Larham 35:46, Liam Lambert 36:04, Justin Showell 36:12, Sean Stacey 36:49, Mark Salmons 37:00, Karen Patterson 37:28, Alan Brown 38:12, Hugh Harris 38:24, Phil Beldom 39:29, Bryan Newman 39:41, Tina Lambert 41:29, Kathryn Brand 41:57, Bryan Goodenough 42:58, Gemma Barner 46:12, Diane Brown 49:23, Deb Watts 51:34, Maura Brown 1:17:47, Pat Brown 1:17:48
Louis Benningfield 7:29, Archie Bullman 8:34, Luke Gardner 8:51, Lily Fiveash 9:56, Oliver Harding 10:08, Vinnie Quinlan 10:09, Harry Cook 10:20, Edie Wilkinson 10:22, Harry Hiskett 10:45, Serge Lambert 10:46, Ellie Fiveash 10:48, Holly Cook . Melissa Neal was at Ashford racing in the 10k and won third lady prize and was first in her category.
Then there is the half marathoners at the weekend, Kosice Half Marathon – Allan Turpie 1:59:41.
Wimpole Half Marathon – Tom Orr 1:55, Suzanne Orr 2.52.