March AC secure third place in Round Norfolk Relay open category
- Credit: Debra Wait
March AC have secured third place in the 200-mile Round Norfolk Relay open race over the weekend.
The 24-hour race on began at Lynnsport in King’s Lynn and followed the Norfolk coastline to Great Yarmouth and then back inland through Scole and Thetford before ending back at Lynnsport.
March Team A entered the open category and completed the race in 23 hours and 26 minutes.
Team runner Toni Alcaraz came second in the first leg of 16.2 miles from King’s Lynn to Hunstanton and Niall Jackson was second to finish the 5.49 mile race from Downham Market to Stowbridge.
The team won third place in the open category and placed 11th overall.
You may also want to watch:
March Team B entered the club category with many of the runners getting their first experience of the event.
The team completed the race in 27 hours and 26 minutes, placing them 12th in the club category and 34th overall.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit