March AC secure third place in Round Norfolk Relay open category
- Credit: Debra Wait
March AC have secured third place in the 200-mile Round Norfolk Relay open race over the weekend.
The 24-hour race on began at Lynnsport in King’s Lynn and followed the Norfolk coastline to Great Yarmouth and then back inland through Scole and Thetford before ending back at Lynnsport.
March Team A entered the open category and completed the race in 23 hours and 26 minutes.
Team runner Toni Alcaraz came second in the first leg of 16.2 miles from King’s Lynn to Hunstanton and Niall Jackson was second to finish the 5.49 mile race from Downham Market to Stowbridge.
The team won third place in the open category and placed 11th overall.
You may also want to watch:
March Team B entered the club category with many of the runners getting their first experience of the event.
The team completed the race in 27 hours and 26 minutes, placing them 12th in the club category and 34th overall.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 4 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 5 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
- 6 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 7 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 8 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 9 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 10 Murder suspect is victim's son