March AC secure third place in Round Norfolk Relay open category
- Credit: Debra Wait
March AC have secured third place in the 200-mile Round Norfolk Relay open race over the weekend.
The 24-hour race on began at Lynnsport in King’s Lynn and followed the Norfolk coastline to Great Yarmouth and then back inland through Scole and Thetford before ending back at Lynnsport.
March Team A entered the open category and completed the race in 23 hours and 26 minutes.
Team runner Toni Alcaraz came second in the first leg of 16.2 miles from King’s Lynn to Hunstanton and Niall Jackson was second to finish the 5.49 mile race from Downham Market to Stowbridge.
The team won third place in the open category and placed 11th overall.
March Team B entered the club category with many of the runners getting their first experience of the event.
The team completed the race in 27 hours and 26 minutes, placing them 12th in the club category and 34th overall.
- 1 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 2 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 3 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 4 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
- 5 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 6 Cup winners, bumper crowds and an ex-England star amongst Fenmen success
- 7 Teenager, 19, on County Drug Lines heroin and crack cocaine charge
- 8 Dealer flees on foot leaving drugs, cash and his bike behind
- 9 Donkeys' grassland could be replaced with seven homes
- 10 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire