Another weekend, another marathon for hearty March AC runners
- Credit: March AC
Another autumn weekend meant another marathon for March Athletic Club, but with a slight change.
This time, runners made the switch from London up to Manchester for the 26.2-mile course, hailed as the flattest in the UK.
While en route, runners pass Manchester United FC’s Old Trafford stadium before going through the city centre, out to Altrincham and back.
Three March AC runners took on the challenge and first home for the club was Andy Cole.
He set a new marathon personal best in a time of three hours, 11 minutes and 14 seconds.
Andy was followed by duo Mike and Rachel Boxall in 3:29:13 and 5:19:23 respectively.
Elsewhere, Mike Blackledge took on the Silverstone half-marathon as he ran round the race track over a 13.1-mile course.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Watches and electric display box stolen in village burglary
- 6 'Spike' steps aside from successful homeless project
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
He completed the course in 1:50:40, just one week after completing his virtual London marathon.