Losing start for Wisbech Cricket Club
WISBECH Town Cricket Club suffered two defeats in their first action of the season on Sunday. The firsts lost by 40 runs at Oundle in the Rutland Division One and the seconds lost a friendly at Stow by 92 runs. Adam Hodgoson was the first team s star bowl
WISBECH Town Cricket Club suffered two defeats in their first action of the season on Sunday.
The firsts lost by 40 runs at Oundle in the Rutland Division One and the seconds lost a friendly at Stow by 92 runs.
Adam Hodgoson was the first team's star bowler with 4-40 as Oundle scored 202-9 and Tom Coates was Wisbech's chief run-maker with 42 as the side scored 162 all out.
Wisbech captain Gary Freear said: "It was a typical first game of the season for us and we looked a bit rusty, but there were a few positives to take from the game.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been training well in the nets for a few weeks now and we're confident of a good season ahead."
Kieran Hayes bowled 3-32 for the second team as Stow reached 189-9 and Paul Strikle was Wisbech's top run-maker with 44.
- 1 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 2 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 5 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 6 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Port welcomes 10 ships in a month from Latvia to The Netherlands
- 10 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
Freear bounced back on Monday with a 104 as Wisbech lost a friendly with Downham Market.
Town opened with 205-6 but the visitors replied with 206-5 to take victory.
Wisbech played their annual friendly with the MCC on Wednesday and Thursday this week.
For pictures and a match report see our website and next week's paper.