LOCAL FOOTBALL: Guyhirn upset the odds to lift John Ablett Cup
- Credit: Archant
Guyhirn caused a Cambs League upset last night by lifting the John Ablett Cup.
The local lads beat Tuddenham 08 - who sit at the top of the division above them - 2-0 at Ely City’s Unwin Ground.
Guyhirn took the lead after half an hour through Danny Cassidy’s header, before John Rose rounded their cup success off with a strike in the second half.
The Mead Plant & Grab outfit will now turn their attentions back to the league and their top-four clash with Fordham Reserves tomorrow afternoon.
Guyhirn currently sit in second in the league standings, eight points behind league-toppers Wisbech St Mary C.
You may also want to watch:
Fordham trail them by four points.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 9 Noise warning issued amid RAF Lakenheath flight training
- 10 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid