LOCAL FOOTBALL: CSKA Emneth clinch league title on final day
- Credit: Archant
With all cup finals settled, Division Two settled, all relegation and promotion issues settled, one small issue was left unsettled last weekend - the Division One title.
CSKA travelled to Wisbech Town to play Elm and their aim was simple; avoid defeat and they would be crowned champions for the first time.
If Elm could pull off a win, England’s Hope would be crowned champions for a third straight year.
But unfortunately for England’s Hope, CSKA notched two goals in either half to romp to a 4-0 win which handed the Emneth club its third trophy of the season.
They scored through Jordan Goult, Joe Woods, Aaron McKenna and Lewy Thompson.
You may also want to watch:
CSKA will hope to grab a fourth trophy of the season on May 24, when they go head-to-head with Windmill FC in the Sunday Senior Cup final at Norwich City’s Carrow Road.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 4 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000