Local drivers take top four
THE top four places of Sunday s Demon Tweeks/ Yokohama Stock Hatch Championships at Silverstone were taken by drivers from the Wisbech area. Citreon Saxo VTR driver Ryan Bensley finished the 40-car race first, completing the 12-lap circuit in 15:06.77, a
THE top four places of Sunday's Demon Tweeks/ Yokohama Stock Hatch Championships at Silverstone were taken by drivers from the Wisbech area.
Citreon Saxo VTR driver Ryan Bensley finished the 40-car race first, completing the 12-lap circuit in 15:06.77, and with the races fastest lap-time, which was 1:14:23 on lap four.
He was closely followed by Maurice Hayden, who finished second in 15:11.19, Gareth Wright who was third in 15:14.30 and Terry Roughton, fourth, in 15:16.03.
The race saw five other drivers from the Wisbech area compete with Robbie Boon 10th in 15:19.05, Shaun Hagen 16th in 15:28.74, Andrew Tibbs one place behind him in 15:31.69 and Joe McMillan 23rd in 15:36.80.
You may also want to watch:
On the same day, Boon and McMillan shone in their heat race, taking first and second in 15:30.61 and 15:33.77 respectively.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 3 Inquest opens into death of labourer, 20, who drowned
- 4 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 So that's settled - Government not council will fund new school
- 8 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 9 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation