SWIMMING: Wonderful Wisbech capture Junior Fenland League crown again
- Credit: Archant
Wisbech Swimming Club are celebrating Junior Fenland League glory for the second time in three years.
The local talents claimed more success when competing in the 'A' final at Boston last Saturday.
Wisbech powered to victory on 157 points with the host club second on 130 and City of Peterborough 'A' on 125.
The final league positions were similar as Wisbech finished on 1,092 gala points and 40 points, compared to Boston on 1,069 and 38 respectively.
On the night, the Wisbech swimmers, ranging in age from nine to 13, achieved 11 first places and 18 new personal best times.
You may also want to watch:
Race-winners included Ugne Siskaite, with two victories (9-years 50m freestyle and 10/U 50m breaststroke), while Ridas Rabasauskas (12/U 4x25m individual medley), Matas Rabasauskas (9-years 50m freestyle), Oliver Glasscock (12/U 50m freestyle), Kari-Ella Bailey (9-years 25m butterfly), Oscar Smithee (12/U 50m breaststroke), Alex Wilson (13/U 50m freestyle), Ebony Smith (9-years 50m backstroke), Harry Wilkshire (10/U 50m butterfly) and Zoe Wilson (12/U 50m butterfly) also won their events.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
- 3 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 4 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 5 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 6 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 9 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 10 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’