Lightning bolt rocks Wisbech
A SHOCK seven-wicket defeat saw Wisbech firsts knocked off the top of the Tucker Gardner Division One. No. 3 David Wood (53), and Gary Freear (48), in the middle order, put Wisbech on track to 221-8 but Cambridge Granta second team s opening batsman Mark
A SHOCK seven-wicket defeat saw Wisbech firsts knocked off the top of the Tucker Gardner Division One.
No. 3 David Wood (53), and Gary Freear (48), in the middle order, put Wisbech on track to 221-8 but Cambridge Granta second team's opening batsman Mark Bolt smashed 115 not out in the reply of 222-3.
Simon Freear (32) and Damien Coad (28) scored well for Wisbech and Chris Clark (2-58) and Henry Rosier (1-22) were Wisbech's wicket takers.
Ramsey moved top with a 60-run win over March and Burwell are second after a 180-run victory over Waresley.
You may also want to watch:
Wisbech are 13 points off the top and all three clubs have four games to play.
A fine all round performance from Zak Brown, who scored 71 runs before taking 3-36, couldn't stop Wisbech seconds losing by three wickets to Warboys in the Hunts Division Two.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 4 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
Wisbech opened with 202-8 with Shane Sleath chipping in with 37 runs but Warboys replied with 204-7.
Wisbech thirds had more joy with John Mallett and Martin Parrin both taking 3-24 to help them to a three-wicket West Norfolk Division Three home win over Narborough seconds.
The visitors were shot out for 130-8 and Adrian Clare (43) and Richard Harnwell (22) helped Wisbech reply with 131-7.
Simon Freear (58), James Williams (48), Dom Stannard (46), Gary Freear (42), Damien Coad (46) and Shane Sleath (28 not out) shared the runs as Wisbech's first Sunday side enjoyed a 143-run Rutland Division One victory over Market Deeping.
Wisbech scored 318-9 and Craig Johnson's 5-28 helped restrict the response to 175 all out.
n Wisbech Cricket Club will hold their annual junior community cricket week next week.
It will run from Monday to Friday and be open for boys and girls aged seven to 15.
Members and non-members are welcome to take part and it will involve tournaments, games and evening entertainment.
For more information contact Dom Stannard on 07763 879153.